Week of October 5, 2015
Tuesday (10/6) and Thursday (10/8)
1. Adamec, 2. Bishop, 3. Dilger, 4. Gordner, 5. Howell, 6. Locklear, 7. Lee, 8. Smith, K.
Wednesday (10/7) and Friday (10/9)
1. Cannon, 2. Frank, 3. Heiman, 4. Jernigan, Chs., 5. Shea, 6. TBA, 7. TBA, 8. TBA
No conditioning this week. We will pick up on Monday, October 12, 2015. Please check website later in the week. If you have questions, please see Coach Dague.
I want to start this note by wishing everyone a pleasant and relaxing holiday weekend. I also want to take a moment to thank all of the young men who came out on Thursday to help clean up the field and to get it ready for skill development sessions starting next week.
I need to address a couple of other items. The 3rd Annual Jack Britt Baseball Golf Tournament has been moved to Sunday, October 25, 2015, at 100pm. It will still be held at Gates Four Golf and Country Club. The cost is $65.00 per player. There will be food and drinks as well as prizes before and after the tournament. If you have questions, please call Coach Dague at 910.429.2800 ext. 2222. Also, if you are interested in being a hole sponsor please let me know. Each hole sponsorship is just $100.00. The proceeds go to upgrades to the field and equipment.
Skill development will begin the week of September 7, 2015. Eight players will be selected to participate. Most of the players selected will be returners from the previous season. We will also begin our five-week conditioning session next week as well. Conditioning will take place on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday starting at 600pm. This is open to anyone interested in trying out for the team in the spring.
Week of September 7, 2015
Tuesday (9/8) and Thursday (9/10) – Infielders
1. Adamec, 2. Gordner, 3. Howell, 4. Lee, A., 5. Lee, N., 6. Locklear, C., 7. Smith, K., 8. Shea
Wednesday (9/9) and Friday (9/11) – Outfielders
1. Adamec, 2. Bishop, 3. Dilger, 4. Fox, 5. Howell, 6. Irizarry, 7. Jernigan, Chase, 8. Lee, A.
Wednesday (9/9) and Thursday (9/10) – Conditioning will be begin promptly at 600pm and will last until 715pm. Participants must have an active physical on file with the school to participate. Participants should also dress to be inside and/or inside.
As the summer begins to wind down and the number of days before school gets smaller, I cannot help but start to get excited about September and the beginning of baseball workouts. I hope and trust that all of you have had a great summer. In this post I wanted to simply put two items out there to be aware of.
1. Athletic Physicals will be held on August 15, 2015, at John Griffin Middle School from 600pm to 730pm. It is cash only and you must have exact change. They will be located in the main gym of the school. If you know your physical is going to expire during the school year, it would be advisable to get it now.
2. The Third Annual Jack Britt Baseball Golf Tournament will be held at Gates Four Golf and Country Club on Sunday, October 4, 2015, at 100pm. The cost is $65.00/player and all proceeds will go to benefit field and equipment upgrades for the program. Those interested in sponsoring a hole, the cost is $100.00. It is a four-man captains’ choice format. I will be posting more information later this week.
Have a great rest of your break and I look forward to seeing you at the field!
Week of July 13, 2015 – Final Week
Monday, July 13, 2015 – AT Oak City
Address – Bond Park – 801 High House Road – Cary, North Carolina 27513
Game Time – 400pm
* The game at Oak City has been CANCELLED due to us not having enough players. I am trying to schedule two, five-inning junior games at home on Wednesday. I will know more on Tuesday.
Tuesday, July 14, 2015 – v. Union Pines
Game Time – 430pm
Thursday, July 16, 2015 – AT Union Pines
Game Time – 430pm
Monday, July 13, 105 – AT South View (660pm)
Tuesday, July 14, 2015 – v. Village Christian (700pm)
Thursday, July 16, 2015 – AT Village Christian (530pm)